Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Dwell in Possibility.

I updated the look of the blog, which I'm sure you've noticed! I had a little time on my hands, and it IS a new year, so I figured why not.

Aside from re-doing the blog, I've been in pain the last few days - Finally it got to be too much for me to handle, so A took me to the emergency room. I KNEW it had to be kidney stones from the location (I've had them before, but haven't had one in over 2 years!). I told them I was on fertility medication and that if I took a urine test right now, it might come back positive, but they gave one to me anyway.

Of course, it was positive. They decided to take my blood and check to see how much HCG was in my blood stream, and they could make a decision from there if they would follow through with the cat scan to see if the kidney stone was causing a blockage or what. My beta came back at 25, which is right on course for a pregnancy that is about 1 week along, but she also said it could be the trigger so they were not going to do the cat scan. I'm 100% firm that it WAS the trigger, since the pregnancy test came back positive as well. There's no way implantation happened that fast. 

Anyway, their next move was to give me a kidney ultrasound, but I would have to wait until 9am that morning (Basically, they sent me home with pain meds and nausea meds until 9am) and they released me at 1am. By 4:30am I was throwing up (TMI sorry) and couldn't keep any of my pain medication down. The pain was now worse than before, so A took me right back to the ER. We were there for a bit, and finally got my ultrasound which finally showed kidney stones. I left with pain meds, more nausea pills, and a prescription for 'flomax' which helps your tubes connecting the kidney and bladder to open up so stones don't get caught up in there! 

I had an eye doctors appt. yesterday as well, and had taken a pain pill right when we were getting ready to leave. 10 minutes later and I felt like I was going to throw up. I was hoping they would be quick.. Sitting in the room waiting for the Dr. and I was like 'I need that trash now!' - A got the nurse and the nurse grabbed the Dr. to get in my room and make it quick. I'm sooo glad he was understanding since he JUST went through kidney stones himself. My appt. was super quick, which I was thankful for, and I had a photo finish running through the house to the downstairs bathroom to throw up. So, I figured out at this point it was the medication that was causing me to be sick. My family Dr. called me in a different prescription that is waaay better. 


I'm supposed to go back to work tonight, but I don't know if I'll be making it - I'm still queasy and dizzy. I guess we'll see how it goes!



-J

No comments:

Post a Comment