Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Strive for Progress; Not Perfection.

Today is CD 12, better known as Tuesday. Usually on this day, I start tracking my Ovulation tests. Which I WILL do. But as of right now, since it's 4am, I haven't done so yet. I definitely feel like my ovaries are getting the dose of Clomid I'm taking. Sometimes it feels like they are stretching for lack of a better way to describe the feeling. Not necessarily painful, but not entirely pleasant.

This is the first month on 150 mg, and I can't say that I had these "symptoms" the first time I took 150mg a few years back. That could be due to the fact that I had a softball sized cyst on my left ovary which was preventing the medication from working. I was kind of concerned about OHSS, but after looking up the signs, I'm pretty sure I'm safe! I think I might just be feeling it more due to the rough week Andrew and I have had. 

We both work third shift, and we play on a Co-ed softball team. We actually won the first two rounds of the 'championship' playoffs (whatever you want to call them) so we had to play until we either lost, or won the game before the Championship (which took place yesterday, Monday) on Saturday. On Thursday night, we both went to work, got home, slept from 9am until 3pm and didn't get home until after 9pm from another Softball game, and had to go straight to work. Problem with that, is on Saturday, we had another game at 10:10am. So we went basically straight from work to the game and kept winning (not a bad thing!) but we played almost non-stop from 10am until 7pm. Got home, showered, slept until 10pm and had to go right back to work. I'm pretty sure we both felt awful the entire night from being up over 24hrs and getting a little over 2 1/2 hours of sleep before going back at it! 

We lost the Championship game and came in 2nd place. Not bad for a team that had the 2nd lowest record in the league! I guess we'll get them next year! 

Anyway. This was just to update on the days, and how things are going this round so far. I can't believe its August already. I can't believe its been almost 6 years since we've been trying to have a baby. Never in my life would I have expected this. No one tells you that things might end up like this. Life definitely doesn't always turn out like they say.

Infertility can make or break a person. Sometimes for good. Here's to crossing fingers, wishing on stars, and everlasting hope.



-J

No comments:

Post a Comment