Wednesday, August 28, 2013

& though she be but little, she is fierce.

So maybe I wasn't correct last month about the "no ovulation." I'll mention the reasoning later. But for now I'm sitting right on (new) CD6. Last cycle seemed to drag on and on so I had a lot of time apparently to research a bit more. I'm always researching because new things are always coming up in discussions boards or recommended by others OB's. I couldn't even tell you what I was looking up at the time, but I found a new supplement being thrown around and I started reading more about it. Its called 'Pregnitude.' 

On the box it says it's used for Reproductive Support and is used as a Dietary Supplement as well. I know if you have PCOS, a big percentage of us are considered overweight, so I was kind of excited it was also a dietary supplement. The 'ingredients' consist of 200mg of Folic Acid and 2000mg of Myo-Inositol. All the reviews, testimonials and board discussions I've read said there is little to no taste (it comes in powder form in a packet):



So basically what I've read is that Pregnitude helps improve egg quality, helps give you regular cycles, and can also improve insulin resistance in place of Metformin! Also, one of the best parts? NO SIDE EFFECTS. Andrew was incredibly happy about that! :)

I've found quite a few websites that have given their own reviews of Pregnitude - Here's a few:

Does Pregnitude Really Work for PCOS?

What is Myo Inositol?

Pregnitude: Does it Work?

PCOS Pregnitude Success Story

& Of course, the Pregnitude website:
Pregnitude

I did read on another site that Pregnitude basically works like Clomid - So if you ARE taking clomid, take only one packet a day for less risk of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS). Since the Pregnitude says take once in the morning and once at night, I figured I'll take that in the morning, and continue with the Clomid in the evening. I took the Pregnitude this morning (well my morning, since I work 3rd shift) and I'm pleased to say that the reviews are correct - The water tasted no different to me! Usually when something says its 'tasteless', I can usually tasted a little difference at least. Not this. Phew!

I am actually genuinely excited about this cycle, and the upcoming ones. I'm taking 100mg of Clomid, I'll be using Pre-Seed for BDing, Prenatal vitamins once a day (I know! I should of been taking these a long time ago - I ran out and never got more. BAD!), and Pregnitude once a day. I'm going to try my absolute hardest to start cutting things out of my diet as well. Obviously, I'll be using ovulation strips as well, and this time since I have so many, I'm going to continue using them probably until CD 25. I heard that Clomid plus PCOS can cause you to ovulate late - I didn't know that! Maybe that's what happened last month, and I totally gave up. We'll see about this month - I'm going to try keeping better track of symptoms, CM, etc. 


I also wanted to note that the company I bought my Pregnitude off of on Amazon sent me a small packet in my shipping box:


The angle I took the photo at kind of made the words blurry but it says "This baby dust is special and is being sent to you hoping it will help your fondest dreams come true."

How seriously sweet is that? Made me tear up a bit. I was SO excited! Even on the invoice in the box it said 'GOOD LUCK! & Baby dust!!'

I guess it's the little things in life. :)




-J


No comments:

Post a Comment